We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS will be required prior to commencing employment.
Teacher to cover maternity
Wanted to cover a term's maternity leave beginning in September 2022.
We are looking to appoint a teacher capable of teaching a class of 10-12 low ability pupils, English, maths and PSHE.
We will expect you to have excellent, up-to-date knowledge of the curriculum, teaching and learning both in terms of planning, lesson delivery and assessment.
You will also need to be able to demonstrate the ability to work as part of a teaching team of highly motivated practitioners across school and to support the needs of all children.
The post requires someone who is an inspirational, reflective and creative teacher with a passion to improve the life chances of our pupils and make every child feel ‘special’, with excellent classroom management and organisational skills.
You will need to:
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and a positive attitude and be committed to sharing good practice
- Be able to competently & positively manage pupil behaviour
- Show initiative and creativity in your approach to teaching & learning
- Be organised and efficient and demonstrate the ability to improve outcomes for children
- Be thoroughly committed to safety and well-being for all our pupils
- Demonstrate the aptitude to work as part of a successful team liaising with parents and other visiting professionals
- Exhibit a willingness to contribute to the wider life of the school
Previous experience of working in a special school or specifically with SEN pupils is not essential, we are looking to appoint the right person to join our school, appropriate training can be provided.
We positively encourage anyone considering applying to visit the school if they are able, please call the school to make an appointment for a tour.
A DBS disclosure is required for this post.
Please return your completed application to email@example.com
Please apply by noon on the closing date of noon on Friday 8th July.
Permanent position Term Time only 39 weeks a year £16 - £24 an hour for unqualified teachers TPS + SEN point for Qualified Teachers
Required for a September start, a Construction Tutor who has recent and relevant experience to be able to instruct students in construction studies.
We have outstanding construction facilities on-site and offer courses to our own pupils and those from other schools which lead to Entry Level, Level 1 and sometimes Level 2 courses. This would suit a qualified teacher who has knowledge of construction, but equally this post could suit someone with a range of appropriate experience looking to move into a teaching role. We fully appreciate people qualified in construction may feel they do not have the ability or experience to teach and therefore don’t consider applying. Whoever is appointed will receive training and support to enable them to be successful in this post
You will need to:
- Have good experience and be qualified to at least L2.
- Provide teaching, learning and assessment in both the classroom and the garage
- With training and support, prepare schemes of work, lesson and assessment plans
- Provide on-going feedback to students by setting and marking work both relevant and appropriate to the course
- Manage and maintain the teaching areas and equipment and use the budget allocated purposefully.
- Be a good role model and encourage and foster good behaviour and a will to work.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
A DBS disclosure is required for this post
We recommend you visit our school, please call 01803 327902 to arrange an appointment
Please return your application form to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than noon on 8th July 2022.
Level 2/3 Business Administration Apprenticeship
This is an exciting opportunity to join the experienced and passionate Admin team at our school.
We would like to employ an Apprentice Administration Assistant to work alongside our current office team. The post will involve a range of administration tasks including :
- Receptionist duties dealing with enquiries from parents, outside agencies and other staff both on the telephone and face to face
- Collate and monitor pupil absence and dinner money information
- General administration tasks, filing, writing letters, printing, photocopying, laminating etc
- Data entry and management
You will be required to work Monday to Friday 8.30am to 3.30pm for 38 weeks term time and a further 5 days either as Non Pupil days or twilight sessions 4pm to 6.30pm and some Evening Events for Parents & Employers.
A full job description can be found below along with an Application form.
Please send your completed application form to: email@example.com
Speech & Language Therapist (SALT)
- £13.17 - £16.53 per hour dependent on experience.
- Equivalent to NHS Band 5
- Torbay Council Pay Rate G/H
- Full Time Salary: £25,419 - £31,895 per annum
Combe Pafford School is a special school for pupils who have moderate learning difficulties, some have other associated difficulties such as autism or physical difficulties.
The school has built a good reputation as a place to enjoy job satisfaction and develop professional skills and experiences. Our employees value the opportunity to work in a supportive culture and, we ensure our team are well rewarded for their contribution.
We are seeking a full or part-time speech and language therapist to work primarily as part of our team to enable pupils to develop their language skills but also to work alongside the local NHS trust.
The successful applicant will provide assessment and advice as well as the opportunity to develop and implement bespoke intervention packages for pupils and groups.
If you are self-motivated, enjoy working in a school environment, keen to develop your clinical skills through links with other medical professionals, committed to working in partnership with education staff and parents we would love to hear from you.
A job description and application form can be found below and once the application form is completed please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org