School Transport Team 01803 208242
Transport to school is arranged and managed by the Local Authority. Please contact them on the number above if you have any queries as transport is not arranged by Combe Pafford School.
Once transport has been agreed for your child to attend school you will receive a letter from the School Transport Team at the LA confirming the arrangements with contact details for the taxi/bus contractor and for the School Transport Team.
Please note the following:
- Please ensure that your child is ready at least 5 minutes before the pick up time stated, as there will be several children sharing the transport and any delays could make them all late for school.
- If your child cannot attend school for any reason please contact the School Transport Team on (01803) 208242. There is an answering service so messages can be left outside of office hours. The office is manned from 7.30am to 5.00pm (4.15pm on a Friday).
- When your child is ready to return to school it is your responsibility to contact the School Transport Team as above.
- If parents/carers need to pick up their children for an appointment you will need to inform the School Transport Team as above and you will also need to let us know at school by phoning 01803 327902. You will need to arrive at school by 3.30pm. If you think that you are going to be delayed it is important that you inform school as soon as possible.
- If a member of your family or someone other than yourself is picking up your child we must have prior confirmation from the parent/carer.
- If you change address or phone number please contact the School Transport Team with the details as soon as possible because your child’s transport arrangements may need to be rearranged.
- Please contact the School Transport Team if you consider that your child’s transport needs have changed due to their special or medical needs.
Please report any problems, queries or concerns regarding your child’s transport to the School Transport Team so that action can be taken as soon as possible and so that they can help your child to have an enjoyable journey to and from school.
A certain standard of behaviour is expected of children whilst travelling on school transport. If children are badly behaved, cause disruption or jeopardize the safety of themselves or others the Local Authority has a right to ban them from transport for a set period of time and it then becomes the parent’s responsibility to ensure the child’s attendance at school.
Please be aware that it is sometimes necessary for a child’s transport arrangements to be changed, so there is no guarantee that your child will always have the same taxi/bus company, Escort or school route. If changes need to be made you will be notified as soon as possible.