Combe Pafford as a Single Academy Trust
We became an Academy on 1 April 2013 and our philosophy as an Academy is as follows:
- Excellence……………..the drive to improve is ours, it belongs to us not the LA
- Education as a public service….to provide the best possible service to our pupils (and other schools) and to give and receive support from others
- To use the curriculum freedoms we have to design the best programmes and outcomes for our pupils……we can reflect upon the New National Curriculum, we can be informed by it, but not dictated to by it
- We can use the opportunities to look at choice and make decisions to reflect our core values……academic progress, personal and social development, and preparation for work
- To use the international dimension to develop awe and wonder and an appreciation of the wider world in which we live
The Governors of the School decided that it was in the best interests of the school and its pupils that we became an Academy as it enabled our school community to assume a greater responsibility for the future direction of the school and its pupils.
Since then we have continued to increase our school roll; we now have a sixth form which focuses on work and life skills and we have improved and added to the school buildings.